The ultimate equatorial mount for the serious astronomer and astro imager. The G-11 is the reference standard for other mounts in its class. It can carry up to 60lbs instrument weight (27.2kgs), so such telescopes as the Celestron C-14 optical tube presents no problem for this superb platform. No doubt you have seen some fantastic images taken with telescopes mounted on the G-11, so now this first class mount can be yours. Take your astronomy to another level.
SPECIFICATION: R.A. / DEC. AXIS
- All machined aluminum and stainless steel, black anodized.
- All stainless steel hardware.
- One 3.750” diameter needle thrust bearing.
- One 2.000” diameter needle thrust bearing.
- Two 1.500” diameter needle bearings.
- 5.625” diameter, 7075 aluminum worm gear, 360 tooth.
- Dual supported, ball bearing housed stainless steel worm-heat treated and ground.
- Variable slip clutch, both axes. One knob design.
- 1.250” diameter stainless steel shafts.
- Fully locking, unique tangent arm design altitude adjustment, 14-64 degrees, large knob for easy alignment. (8-68 degrees with small modification).
- Laser engraved latitude scale in 2 degree increments.
- Single knob azimuth control, bi-directional +/- 8.5 degree.
- 5.000” diameter laser engraved setting circles, 4 minute R.A., vernier reading to 1 minute / 1 degrees DEC., vernier reading to 0.1 degree. R.A. circle engraved for Northern and Southern Hemisphere.
- Porter slip ring design.
- 160 oz/in stepper motor, 0.5 arc sec. step.
- Dovetail saddle-plate allows for the interchanging of any tube assembly-reduces need for DEC. weights.
- Removable stainless steel weight shaft w/safety knob.
- 21 lb counterweight.
- 7 lb and 11 lb extra counterweights available.
- Through the axis polar scope, works in Northern and Southern Hemisphere. Polar scope optional.
- Instrument weight capacity 60 lbs.
- Equatorial head weight 36 lbs.
- All machined aluminum, black anodized, powder coated.
- Tripod height, adjustable from 33” - 48”
- Removable leg design for easy transporting.
- Tripod weight 35 lbs.
All heights are to top of tripod. Add 10” @ 34 degrees to center of Dec.-R.A. junction. Add 7” from Dec.-R.A. junction to top of saddle.
- Diamond push button pattern.
- R.A. and DEC. reversing switches.
- Three guiding rates; 30%, 50% and 2x sidereal rate.
- Three setting rates; 4x, 8x, 16x sidereal rate.
- Quartz tracking rates: sidereal, solar, lunar, king.
- Periodic Error Correction (PEC).
- Programmable DEC. Backlash Compensation (TVC).
- Control panel dimmer.
- Accepts auto-guider systems.
- Northern and Southern Hemisphere operation.
- 12 volt DC - 500ma power use.
- Tiltable control panel for easy access.
- Small hand control box for comfortable use.
Losmandy G11 Mount and Tripod with Electronic Drives
Product code: G11S
Smart black anodised aluminium and stainless steel, precision engineering and state of the art electronics make this mount the best in it's class for telescope tubes up to 60lbs in weight. Solid, reliable, accurate tracking in four modes, a work of art in it's own right!
Losmandy G11 Mount and Tripod with Gemini Goto
Product code: G11G
The ultimate equatorial mount for the serious astronomer and astro imager. The G-11 is the reference standard for other mounts in its class. It can carry up to 60lbs instrument weight (27.2kgs). Now this first class mount can be yours. Take your astronomy to another level. Complete with Gemini Goto system.