A Widescreen Centre Best Seller, the SKY-WATCHER EVOSTAR-90 comes complete with a sturdy EQ2 Equatorial Mount. Arguably the best value under £200, with the option to add a motor drive later..... Sir Patrick has always recommended a 3" refractor as th ebest first telescope for Astronomy, and this is not only a 3.5" but a very good one. Add a 45 degree erecting prosm for a great terrestrial telescope, and once the motor drive is added, lunar & planetary photography is possible too.
Extend your Astronomy into the daytime - refractors make great solar telescopes too! With Solar Maximum coming in 2013, there's lots of activity on the Sun right now. Consider adding a sheet of Baader Astrosolar film to explore our nearest stellar neighbour.
- Magnifications (with eyepieces supplied): x36 & x90
- Highest Practical Power (Potential): x180
- Objective Lens Diameter: 90mm
- Telescope Focal Length: 900mm (f/10)
- Eyepieces Supplied (1.25"): 10mm & 25mm
- 6x30 Finderscope
- 1.25"/31.7mm Star Diagonal
- Multi-Coated Objective Lens
- EQ2 Equatorial Mount
- Aluminium Tripod with Accessory Tray
- 65% more Light Gathering than 70mm