1.4MPixel Atik 314 Plus
The Atik 314L + represents the pinnacle in medium resolution cooled astronomy cameras.
This camera is based on the highly successful Atik 3 platform, which features state-of-the-art technology for supreme performance and ease of use. In addition, the 314L+ has full set-point temperature regulation making it easy to take matching dark frames.
A result of extensive research and development, the Atik 3 platform's benefits include:
- USB2 performance for ultra-fast download speeds
- 1 megapixel/second readout, or 2 megapixels/second in preview mode
- advanced electronics to provide the best readout noise characteristics
- lightweight cases to put less stress on your focuser
- compact and symmetrical camera design which allows use with fork mounts, as well as with Starizona's Hyperstar system
- low power consumption 12V, 0.8A means longer imaging sessions in the field
- highly efficient set-point thermoelectric cooling to 27“ä C below ambient temperature
- software-controlled cooling for automated operation.
Like its brother, the Atik 314E, this camera draws on all the advantages of this popular and highly successful platform. However, the Atik 314L also incorporates an exceptional Sony ICX285AL ExView 1392 x 1040 sensor with larger 6.45µm pixels, making it suitable for use on a wide range of telescopes. Readout noise is typically 4 electrons rms, making this an extremely sensitive camera. Data download takes only 1.8s for a full-frame readout, or 0.9s in preview mode.
The Atik 314L+ has exceptional linearity and low noise, making it ideal for recording scientific data. It has been used by amateurs and institutes worldwide to record a diversity of events, like exoplanet transits, solar corona studies during eclipses, and NEO surveys.
What's in the box?
- Camera body with 1.25'' adapter
- 3-metre USB cable
- 1.8-metre battery power connector
- CD-ROM with drivers, software and user's manual (PDF)
- Quickstart guide (paper)
Atik highly-acclaimed Capture software is included for camera control and data acquisition, and plug-ins are included to allow use with Astroart and Maxim DL.
A universal (110-230V) power adapter is optional.
Specifications: Atik 314L+ Colour CCD Camera
- Sensor Type: CCD - Sony ICX-285AL
- Horizontal Resolution: 1392 pixels
- Vertical Resolution: 1040 pixels
- Pixel Size: 6.45 “_M x 6.45 “_M
- ADC: 16 bit
- Readout Noise: 4 e- typical value
- Max. exposure - Unlimited
- Min. exposure - 0,001s
- Max. Frame Rate - N/A
- Backfocus - 13mm
- Interface: USB 2.0 High Speed
- Thread on front - M42x0,75
- Power: 12v DC 0.8A
- Guide Port: ST-4 compatible
- Cooling: Termoelectric set point with max __T=-27“_C
- Regulated cooler - Yes
- Water assist - No
- Weight: approx. 400 gr
- Available as mono or colour
- Pentium III PC with 128MB RAM
- XP/Vista/Win7/Win8 (not RT)
- CD-ROM drive and USB 2.0 port
At The Widescreen Centre, we prioritize prompt order processing and dispatch. We strive to dispatch all orders on the same day or the next working day, depending on the time of your order. We hold extensive stocks to ensure that your items are ready for immediate despatch. Please note that the cut-off time for same-day dispatch is usually 1:30 p.m.
For delivery within Mainland UK, we use reputable couriers to provide efficient service. You can expect your package to arrive in 1-2 working days. Please note that a signature may be required upon delivery to ensure a secure receipt.
In the case of special order items, the delivery time may be longer. If you have any concerns or questions about the delivery of your item, please don't hesitate to Contact Us. We are here to assist you.
Should there be any delay in dispatching your order, we will notify you to keep you informed.
Please be aware that The Widescreen Centre cannot be held responsible for any postal or third-party delays that may occur. We are committed to providing a reliable and efficient delivery service for our valued customers.
For more information please click here