- Enjoy better views through your telescope with this premium diagonal featuring diffraction-limited optics and dielectric coatings
- Provides a 90° viewing angle, perfect for more comfortable viewing through refractor and Cassegrain-type telescopes
- 58 layers of dielectric coatings provide an over 99% reflective surface, ensuring the maximum amount of light collected by the telescope reaches the eyepiece
- Twist-lock keeps the eyepiece centred in the diagonal to provide better optical alignment
- 1.25" diagonal accepts standard eyepieces, Barlow lenses, threaded filters, and other accessories with a 1.25” barrel
- 2" diagonal includes a step-down-adaptor, so the diagonal accepts eyepieces, Barlow lenses, threaded filters, and other accessories in both 2” and 1.25” sizes
- 2" diagonal includes two interchangeable adaptors allow you to switch between a Schmidt-Cassegrain thread adaptor and a 2” barrel adaptor so you can use this diagonal with a wide variety of telescopes
Upgrade your existing star diagonal with this premium Celestron Dielectric Star Diagonal with Twist-lock ensures maximum light transmission without loss of optical quality. This star diagonal reflects the telescope’s light path 90° to provide a more comfortable viewing angle. In addition, the glass has 58 layers of dielectric coatings, which provide an over 99% reflective surface, delivering the maximum amount of light to the eyepiece. All the diagonal’s mechanical parts are made of machined black anodised aluminium, except the twist lock rings, which are orange anodised for visibility. The interior of the barrel is glare threaded and painted flat black to prevent glare. With all its features and these high-end finishes, the Celestron Dielectric Star Diagonal, 1.25” with Twist-Lock is one of the highest quality 1.25″ star diagonals that Celestron has ever offered. The 2” star diagonal has the added benefit of allowing you to use larger 2” eyepieces with your telescope, providing a wider field of view, or standard 1.25” eyepieces with the step-down-adaptor.
2" Diagonal: This diagonal also comes with two interchangeable barrels to provide flexibility in connecting the diagonal to a wide variety of telescopes without the need for additional adaptors. For telescopes, like refractors, which accept 2” barrels in their focuser, a standard 2” barrel is included. For Schmidt-Cassegrains (SCTs) that use a threaded connection to the focuser, a barrel with SCT threads is included. Both barrels thread onto the diagonal housing, providing a secure connection to the diagonal.
Standard Star Diagonals vs Dielectric Star Diagonal
The key specifications for a star diagonal are its reflectivity and its optical quality. This diagonal delivers top performance in both categories, with an over 99% reflective mirror and diffraction-limited optical quality. This ensures that virtually all the light collected by the telescope will reach the eyepiece without the diagonal affecting optical performance. Using a lower quality star diagonal can both dim the view and degrade optical quality. You can enjoy better views from your telescope by simply swapping out its diagonal for a premium one, like the Celestron Dielectric Star Diagonal.
The twist-lock eyepiece holder secures any eyepieces while keeping them centered in the diagonal, thus providing best opto-mechanical alignment between the telescope and eyepiece. Unlike traditional thumb screws, the twist-lock cannot scratch or engrave the barrel of your eyepieces. The twist-lock has an integrated barrel stop that prevents accessories with long barrels from damaging the mirror.
At The Widescreen Centre, we prioritize prompt order processing and dispatch. We strive to dispatch all orders on the same day or the next working day, depending on the time of your order. We hold extensive stocks to ensure that your items are ready for immediate despatch. Please note that the cut-off time for same-day dispatch is usually 1:30 p.m.
For delivery within Mainland UK, we use reputable couriers to provide efficient service. You can expect your package to arrive in 1-2 working days. Please note that a signature may be required upon delivery to ensure a secure receipt.
In the case of special order items, the delivery time may be longer. If you have any concerns or questions about the delivery of your item, please don't hesitate to Contact Us. We are here to assist you.
Should there be any delay in dispatching your order, we will notify you to keep you informed.
Please be aware that The Widescreen Centre cannot be held responsible for any postal or third-party delays that may occur. We are committed to providing a reliable and efficient delivery service for our valued customers.
For more information please click here