MGEN-3 has landed!
After 10 years, the device that has revolutionized the way ambitious amateurs and professionals guide their astro imaging will be retired. The hardware was at its limits, the market and the needs of astrophotographers have evolved and we, as the leading innovator in guiding, were taking this into account:
Watch on Youtube: MGEN-3 One Button Quick Start Guiding
- The new, much stronger hardware enables the new self-learning AI multistar guiding,
- the large color display makes operation more pleasant
- and with the new quick start function ("push one button") guiding starts with just a single push of a button
Nevertheless, of course, if you want, you have full manual control of all parameters ... but who wants that when the AI continuously parameterizes itself in the background?
The first copies have already been delivered.
Stand Alone or PC App controlled // stand alone or controlled via PC App
- Selflearning (AI) adaptive guiding or manual modes // Self-learning adaptive guiding (AI) or manual setting
- Easy to use: one button push guiding or manual control // Ease of use: just one button and guidet, or manual control
- Enhanced high sensitivity with real time darkframe correction // Improved sensitivity with real-time dark image deduction
- Multistar guiding for extra high subpixel precision // Multistar guiding for improved subpixel accuracy
- Polar alignment using digital Scheiner method // Polar alignment using digital Scheiner method
- DSLR / CCD Exposure Control // DSLR / CCD exposure control
- Dithering modes available // various dithering modes available
- Guidelog displayed and saved // Guidelog display and saving
- Arbitrary binning modes // Freely selectable binning modes
- USB powered (5V), typical 240mA / 1.2W // USB powered (5V), only 1.2W!
- Aux port for additional equipment // AUX port for additional accessories
- continuous development, new features // ongoing development, new functions
- Virtual Interface - App for controlling the MGEN-3 via the PC
- Sky Emulator: PC app which simulates stars for the MGEN-3 - to get to know and test
- Text Translator: To translate the MGEN-3 menu texts into other languages (your help is welcome!)
- Technical specifications
- Chip: CMOS AR0130CS mono
- Diagonal 6mm
- Resolution: 1.2Mpx
- Cooling: passive via housing
- Power supply: via USB
- Data: via USB2
- Telescope-side connections: T2, M28.5x0.6 filter thread, 31.7mm socket / other adapters optionally available
- automatic dark image deduction to increase sensitivity
- large color display (night modes available)
- 2x USB
- micro SD card slot
- Power supply 5V (USB), type 240mA
- Snap socket for camera trigger control
- additional serial output (3.5mm)
- WiFi module integrated
Scope of delivery
- MGEN-3 hand box
- MGEN-3 camera
- 2x USB cable (for power supply and camera connection)
- Autoguider cable (ST4 standard)
- 4 GB micro SD card
At The Widescreen Centre, we prioritize prompt order processing and dispatch. We strive to dispatch all orders on the same day or the next working day, depending on the time of your order. We hold extensive stocks to ensure that your items are ready for immediate despatch. Please note that the cut-off time for same-day dispatch is usually 1:30 p.m.
For delivery within Mainland UK, we use reputable couriers to provide efficient service. You can expect your package to arrive in 1-2 working days. Please note that a signature may be required upon delivery to ensure a secure receipt.
In the case of special order items, the delivery time may be longer. If you have any concerns or questions about the delivery of your item, please don't hesitate to Contact Us. We are here to assist you.
Should there be any delay in dispatching your order, we will notify you to keep you informed.
Please be aware that The Widescreen Centre cannot be held responsible for any postal or third-party delays that may occur. We are committed to providing a reliable and efficient delivery service for our valued customers.
For more information please click here