Sky-Watcher AZ-GTi WiFi Go-To Alt-Azimuth Mount
Weighing only 1.3kg, the AZ-GTi is now available as a mount head only, and can be connected to a tripod via its standard 3/8" tripod bush.
The exciting new lightweight and highly portable Sky-Watcher AZ-GTi Alt-Altimuth Mount, with it's built-in WiFi module, has been designed to be controlled wirelessly with your Smartphone or Tablet, using the free SynScan App for iOS or Android.
The AZ-GTi creates it's very own Wi-Fi network, so the mount can be used anywhere, without any reliance on other WiFi networks. After entering your coordinates into the App and following a simple alignment procedure, you are ready to explore the universe using the App's intuitive touchscreen menu. The AZ-GTi and SynScan App provides full computerised GO-TO control, allowing your telescope to be automatically slewed to any one of the objects in the App's extensive database of 10,000+ celestial objects.
Incorporates Sky-Watcher's Freedom-Find patented Dual-Encoder Technology, which allows the telescope to be moved manually in either axis without the mount losing its positional information. This gives the user enormous freedom, convenience and flexibility during observational sessions. The mount is quiet in operation, has a payload capacity of up to 5kg and accepts telescopes with standard 45mm Dovetail Bars.
Sky-Watcher AZ-GTi WiFi Go-To Alt-Azimuth Mount Main Features:
- Controller: Free SynScan App for iOS and Android mobile device or Synscan Hand Controller (available separately)
- SynScan App Database: Total 10,000+ Objects. Deep Sky Objects: 10759, including Messier, NGC, IC, Caldwell Catalogues, Named DSOs, Named Stars: 305, Double Stars: 55, Solar system objects: 7 planets, Sun , Moon. (Unlimited objects when working with a 3rd party planetarium software).
- SynScan App Alignment Method: Brightest Star Alignment, North-Level Alignment
- SynScan App's Other Features: Tonight's Best Sky Tour, Point and Go with a mobile device, Identification of Celestial Objects, Remote control over Internet, User defined objects, Pointing Accuracy Enhancement (PAE)
- Pointing Accuracy: Up to 10 arc-minute (RMS)
- Resolution: 2073600 Counts/Rev., 0.625 arc-second
- Resolution of Aux. R.A./Dec. Axis Encoders: 1068 Counts/Rev., approx. 20 arc-minutes
- Freedom-Find Dual-Encoder Technology
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Lunar, Solar, Alignment-Free Solar Tracking
- Slewing Speeds: 0.5X, 1.0x, 8.0x, 16x, 32x, 64x, 128x, 400x, 800x
- Tracking Mode: Dual Axis Tracking
- Motor: DC Servo Motor, Gear Ratio 6480
- Payload Capacity: 5kg
- 45mm Sky-Watcher/Vixen type dovetail saddle
- Interface: SynScan Hand Control Port, DSLR Shutter Release Port (optional cables available separately), Built-in Wi-Fi Module
- Connectivity: ASCOM platform for Windows PC, Mobile planetarium App for iOS and Android ( SkySafari Plus/Pro, more are coming).
- Network Protocol: UDP, Port 11880
- 3/8" Screw Fittings (tripod/mount)
- Adjustable Aluminium Tripod with Accessory Tray
- Height of Tripod/Mount (excl. OTA): 80.5cm - 152cm
- Mount Head Weight: 1.3kg
- Total Weight with Tripod: 3.9kg
- Power Requirement: 8 AA Size Batteries (not supplied) or External Power Supply (DC 7.5~14V, 0.75A) Tip Positive.
- Sky-Watcher 7Ah o
Android 11 notice from Sky-Watcher:
We have confirmed that the current version of SynScan App, SynScan Pro App and SAM Console App on the Google Play are not compatible with Android 11. We have finished the development of new version of these apps which can work with Android 11, but due to technical issues, we cannot release the updates on Google Play. Unfortunately, this situation might last several months.
Currently, only Google’s Pixel smart phone can run Android 11, other brands might start to provide Android 11 devices in one or two months. If you are planning to use Android 11 devices to run Sky-Watcher apps, please do the following:
1.Uninstall the SynScan app, SynScan Pro app or SAM Console app which are downloaded from Google Play.
2.Visit our website to download and install the latest version of the apps.
For SynScan app and SynScan Pro app clickHERE
Form SAM Console app clickHERE
3.Grant the app with the permission to access the smart phone's location. Users have to do it manually.
At The Widescreen Centre, we prioritize prompt order processing and dispatch. We strive to dispatch all orders on the same day or the next working day, depending on the time of your order. We hold extensive stocks to ensure that your items are ready for immediate despatch. Please note that the cut-off time for same-day dispatch is usually 1:30 p.m.
For delivery within Mainland UK, we use reputable couriers to provide efficient service. You can expect your package to arrive in 1-2 working days. Please note that a signature may be required upon delivery to ensure a secure receipt.
In the case of special order items, the delivery time may be longer. If you have any concerns or questions about the delivery of your item, please don't hesitate to Contact Us. We are here to assist you.
Should there be any delay in dispatching your order, we will notify you to keep you informed.
Please be aware that The Widescreen Centre cannot be held responsible for any postal or third-party delays that may occur. We are committed to providing a reliable and efficient delivery service for our valued customers.
For more information please click here