Teleskop Service Bahtinov Focusing Masks
Please note: The measurements are for the OUTSIDE DIAMETER of your telescope, not the optical aperture!
Teleskop Service Bahtinov Focusing Masks for convenient and exact focusing of your Astro Images
The Bahtinov Mask is named after its inventor Pavel Bahtinov. This focusing tool enables precise adjustment of your Astro pictures to the focus plane of your telescope or camera lens.
Attaching the Bahtinov Mask to your telescope or lens is very simple. Each mask is supplied with 3 screws. Remove the plastic from the screws, put them through the designated holes and then pull the plastic covers back over the screws. Now you can attach the focusing mask to your telescope or lens and start focusing.
How to use Teleskop Service Bahtinov Focusing Masks:
- Attach the mask to your telescope and slew the telescope to a bright star.
- Turn on your camera and watch your selected star on the live view screen.
- If the image isn't yet in focus, the central line of the Bahtinov pattern is shifted. Adjust your focuser until this very line sits exactly in between the other two lines.
- Now you have achieved optimal focus. Remove the mask from your optics and you can start the exposure of your object.
Practical advice from Teleskop Service on How to use Teleskop Service Bahtinov Focusing Masks:
- Using a Bahtinov Mask for focusing works especially well for deep sky photography. Correctors and Barlow lenses are not a problem.
- Ideally you want to use a star with medium brightness for focusing. It should neither be too dark nor too bright. The lines of the Bahtinov diffraction pattern have to be clearly visible.
- The chosen star shouldn´t be positioned in the center of your live view, because most telescopes or lenses, although corrected, do not produce a plane field of view. We recommend to position the star in the outer third of your image. That way, you will achieve a better overall sharpness across your field of view.
At The Widescreen Centre, we prioritize prompt order processing and dispatch. We strive to dispatch all orders on the same day or the next working day, depending on the time of your order. We hold extensive stocks to ensure that your items are ready for immediate despatch. Please note that the cut-off time for same-day dispatch is usually 1:30 p.m.
For delivery within Mainland UK, we use reputable couriers to provide efficient service. You can expect your package to arrive in 1-2 working days. Please note that a signature may be required upon delivery to ensure a secure receipt.
In the case of special order items, the delivery time may be longer. If you have any concerns or questions about the delivery of your item, please don't hesitate to Contact Us. We are here to assist you.
Should there be any delay in dispatching your order, we will notify you to keep you informed.
Please be aware that The Widescreen Centre cannot be held responsible for any postal or third-party delays that may occur. We are committed to providing a reliable and efficient delivery service for our valued customers.
For more information please click here