Vixen Polarie Star Tracker Camera Mount for Astrophotography is a specialist photographic accessory that allows you to take pin-sharp photos of stars and constellations. It is designed to follow the apparent motion of the stars caused by the earth’s rotation, eliminating star trails.
- Travel camera mount for star photography
- Very compact and light, optimised for air travel
- Different tracking speeds
- Designed for time-lapse photography
- Very precise tracking (high-precision stepper motor)
- Built-in compass (removable)
- Can be upgraded for up to 6 kg bearing capacity (optional accessory)
- Dimensions 95 x 137 x 58 mm / Weight 740 g
Using the Polarie to take wide field images of constellations, shooting stars as well the Milky Way is surprisingly straightforward.
Polarie also enables you to photograph “starscapes” by adding a darkened landscape or silhouetted figure in the foreground of your frame.
The Polarie can be set up in a few minutes even by those not familiar with the exact position of the celestial pole. Simply turn the Polarie in the direction of the pole star using the supplied compass as a guide, then use the built-in latitude meter and polar sight hole to align the mount.
The Polarie is designed to work with camera lenses that take wide-angle images.
- Tracking speed: Sidereal, 0.5x sidereal, sun, moon
- Fine adjustment: F57, 6mm worm wheel with 144 teeth
- Polar axis: F 40mm, aluminium alloy
- Drive: High-precision stepper motor:
- Bearing capacity: approx. 2kg incl. ball head
- Orientation aperture: Field of vision 8.9° vInclinometer: 0° to 70°
- Miscellaneous: Built-in compass (removable)
- Power supply: 2x AA batteries (compatible with alkaline, Ni-MH, Ni-CD batteries) or external power supply
- compatible with USB mini-B
- Drive voltage: AA batteries: DC2,4-3.0V, Max. 0.6A
- External power supply: DC4,4-5,25V, max. 0.3A
- Operating time: approx. 2 hours with alkaline batteries
- Approx. 20 hours with external power supply at 20°C with 2 kg load
- Operating temperature: 0° to 40°
- Dimensions: 95mm x 137mm x 58mm
- Weight: 740g without batteries
- Optional accessories available: Polar finder telescope, M-155 tripod, QPL compass, ball head
The Polarie can operate for more than 2 hours on two AA-size batteries.
It’s compact size and minimal weight means you can take the Polarie anywhere to photograph the night sky.
At The Widescreen Centre, we prioritize prompt order processing and dispatch. We strive to dispatch all orders on the same day or the next working day, depending on the time of your order. We hold extensive stocks to ensure that your items are ready for immediate despatch. Please note that the cut-off time for same-day dispatch is usually 1:30 p.m.
For delivery within Mainland UK, we use reputable couriers to provide efficient service. You can expect your package to arrive in 1-2 working days. Please note that a signature may be required upon delivery to ensure a secure receipt.
In the case of special order items, the delivery time may be longer. If you have any concerns or questions about the delivery of your item, please don't hesitate to Contact Us. We are here to assist you.
Should there be any delay in dispatching your order, we will notify you to keep you informed.
Please be aware that The Widescreen Centre cannot be held responsible for any postal or third-party delays that may occur. We are committed to providing a reliable and efficient delivery service for our valued customers.
For more information please click here