Vixen SD81SII Apochromatic Refractor
New Vixen SD81SII high performance apochromatic refractor with FPL53 SD-glass for demanding observers and astrophotographers with improved optical properties.
- Apochromatic high-performance refractor with FPL53 ED glass
- Reduces chromatic aberration to an absolute minimum
- Enormously high contrast and excellent sharpness are thus guaranteed
- You get a very pure, sharp and neutral image
- Very light and transportable, ideal for mobile use
- 81 mm fully coated SD lenses without spacers
- Therefore no more unwanted spikes visible on the stars
- High quality standard "Made in Japan"
- Dimensions: 90 mm x 585 mm
- Weight: telescope 2.3 kg and 3.6 kg with accessories
A new 81 mm apochromatic refractor with high-performance Super ED glass (= SD). The advantage of these SD refractors is their short length and low weight.
The FPL53 glass reproduces an extremely clear and sharp image due to an exceptionally high elimination of residual colour errors. The SD glass is designed to bring all rays of violet, red, blue, yellow and green together very precisely on the same plane. Thus, the special lens material reduces chromatic aberration across all colours.
The new Vixen SD81SII no longer uses spacer plates, which leads to significantly better image quality, especially with bright stars. This means that there are no more spikes on the stars in photographic images, which were otherwise produced by the spacer plates. You will be thrilled when you look at the moon or the brighter planets and observe the moon craters pin sharp and with an extremely high contrast. Observe the ring planet Saturn or the cloud bands on Jupiter.
But of course, brighter deep sky objects such as the Orion Nebula or the Andromeda Galaxy can also be observed impressively.
In combination with the new optional SD Reducer HD Kit or SD Flattener HD, this refractor allows illumination with a 44 mm image circle for full-frame SLR cameras.
The older ED81SII, ED103S, ED115S refractors were originally designed for the visual observer or the photographer using APS-C cameras. However, the new SD series has been optimised for use with full-frame cameras by inserting new inner baffle rings.
The large 60 mm focuser allows heavy cameras to be attached without tilting. The supplied flip mirror allows comfortable observation, even in unfavourable observation situations, and also offers a T2 thread for connecting a DSLR camera.
Thus, observing in degree view or at a 90° angle is possible. The carrying handle attached to the tube clamps ensures a secure hold when transporting the telescope.
- Objective Lens: D=81 mm, multi-coated
- 2-Lens SD Apochromat without spacer plates
- No more spikes on the stars
- Focal Length: 625 mm (f7.7)
- Resolution and visual limit: 1.43 arcseconds; 11.3 Mag
- Light gathering capacity: 134x unaided eyes
- Dimensions and weight: 90 mm dia x 585 mm, 3.6 kg
- Finderscope: XY Red Dot Finder II
- Adapter and connections: Adapter thread 60 mm and 31.7 mm for T2-ring
- Connection 50.8 mm and 31.7 mm socket with flip-mirror diagonal mirror
- Photography: primary focus and eyepiece projection
At The Widescreen Centre, we prioritize prompt order processing and dispatch. We strive to dispatch all orders on the same day or the next working day, depending on the time of your order. We hold extensive stocks to ensure that your items are ready for immediate despatch. Please note that the cut-off time for same-day dispatch is usually 1:30 p.m.
For delivery within Mainland UK, we use reputable couriers to provide efficient service. You can expect your package to arrive in 1-2 working days. Please note that a signature may be required upon delivery to ensure a secure receipt.
In the case of special order items, the delivery time may be longer. If you have any concerns or questions about the delivery of your item, please don't hesitate to Contact Us. We are here to assist you.
Should there be any delay in dispatching your order, we will notify you to keep you informed.
Please be aware that The Widescreen Centre cannot be held responsible for any postal or third-party delays that may occur. We are committed to providing a reliable and efficient delivery service for our valued customers.
For more information please click here