Optolong H-beta 25nm Visual Nebulosity Filter
This premium Optolong Narrowband H-beta filter is designed for nebula observation allowing 25nm bandwidth of light centered on a wavelength of appr 490nm throughout, about halfway between the H-beta emission line and OIII. It also reduces the transmission of certain wavelengths of light, specifically those produced by artificial light including mercury vapor, and both high and low pressure sodium vapor lights and the unwanted natural light caused by neutral oxygen emission in our atmosphere (i.e. skyglow). H-beta emits 486.1nm and it is a blue colored filter. Some images of planetary nebulae and supernova remnants are taken with H-alpha, H-beta and OIII filters. They show great structural details, but have natural colors, looking like an RGB image.
Main Use and Performance
Suitable for visual observation on most emission nebulae, planetary nebulae and supernova remnants. Suitable for viewing on bright nebulae like M42 Orion Nebula in heavy light pollution. Use with a large aperture telescope under clear and dark viewing conditions with good seeing. Due to the fact that this filter will let through a larger amount of light around the OIII emission line, its main purpose is visual observations, however it can also be used with a small telescope for imaging deep sky objects.
Light pollution filters do not eliminate the effects of light pollution or increase the object’s brightness. In many cases, they increase the contrast between nebula and night sky, not brightening the nebula.
Optolong filters are not designed for solar observation. DO NOT LOOK AT THE SUN WITH ANY OPTOLONG FILTER as permanent eye damage will be the result.
- Schott substrate material
- Glass thickness 2.0 mm (1.25”/2”/36mm)
- Surface Quality: 60/40 (Refer to MIL-O-13830)
- Fine-optically polished to ensure accurate 1/4 wavefront and < 30 seconds parallelism over both surfaces
- 90% transmission at major H-beta line 486.1nm, Partial transmission (appr 65-70%) of OIII line at 495.9nm.
- Precision off-band blocking, specifically the major emission lines of artificial light pollution (i.e. Na 589nm, Hg 435nm and 578nm).
- Ultra-thin filter cell minimise vignetting by maximising possible clear aperture (clear aperture is 26mm for 1.25” size and 45mm for 2” size)
- Aerometal Material
- Precise CNC Machining
- Sand Blasting Process
- Black Anodized Finish
- Extinction Treatment to Prevent Reflection
- Laser Engraving No Fading
- Standard 1.25” & 2”
- Round 36mm Unmounted
- Plastic PP Case
- Imported High Pressure EVA Case Lining
- Silver Cardboard Box
- High Density Sponge Carton Lining
- Multi-layer anti-reflection coating
- Non-cementing optical substrate coating
- Electron-beam gun evaporation with Ion-assisted deposition coating technology for durability and resistance to scratching, as well as stability on CWL(central wavelength) no deviation affected by temperature change.
- Planetary rotation system offers precision and homogeneity of coatings ensuring high value on transmission of pass-band and Optical density of off-band. (Please note, "planetary rotation system" is a type of optical coating process and does not refer to the astronomical system describing the motion of the planets in our solar system.)
At The Widescreen Centre, we prioritize prompt order processing and dispatch. We strive to dispatch all orders on the same day or the next working day, depending on the time of your order. We hold extensive stocks to ensure that your items are ready for immediate despatch. Please note that the cut-off time for same-day dispatch is usually 1:30 p.m.
For delivery within Mainland UK, we use reputable couriers to provide efficient service. You can expect your package to arrive in 1-2 working days. Please note that a signature may be required upon delivery to ensure a secure receipt.
In the case of special order items, the delivery time may be longer. If you have any concerns or questions about the delivery of your item, please don't hesitate to Contact Us. We are here to assist you.
Should there be any delay in dispatching your order, we will notify you to keep you informed.
Please be aware that The Widescreen Centre cannot be held responsible for any postal or third-party delays that may occur. We are committed to providing a reliable and efficient delivery service for our valued customers.
For more information please click here