The Sky-Watcher Star Adventurer Mini Wi-Fi (SAM) is a compact high-precision camera tracking platform that is ideal for long exposure astrophotography as well as time-lapse photography in daytime and night time settings. SAM easily fits in your backpack or camera bag, making it a convenient travel companion that can venture with you into remote locations.
SAM comes with built-in WiFi and the free Star Adventurer Mini Console App for Android and iOS platforms allowing it to be remotely controlled with your smartphone. SAM is easy to set up and to operate in all of its modes.
Although capable of supporting larger camera lenses, SAM is ideal and very simple to use for Widefield Astrophotography with a standard camera lens of 55mm or shorter focal length, as only a rough polar alignment is necessary, making it ideal for all kinds of amateur photographers unfamiliar with astronomy.
Star Adventurer Mini Wi-Fi (SAM PRO PACK): includes the Star Adventurer Mini Wi-Fi (SAM) mount, ball head adaptor, polarscope, polarscope illuminator, equatorial wedge and dovetail L-bracket. Sky-Watcher shutter release cables can be purchased separately for most popular camera models/brands.
The Star Adventurer Mini Wi-Fi can attach to any standard tripod via its ¼” or 3/8” adaptors. The latitude can be set by either adjusting the tilt of your tripod head to match your latitude or more accurately by using the supplied Equatorial Wedge. To fit a camera to the Star Adventurer, either a tripod Ball Head is required (not supplied) or the supplied Dovetail L-Bracket. The Dovetail L-Bracket can be used in conjunction with the optional counterweight shaft/counterweight (available separately).
- Maximum recommended camera lens focal length: 100mm
- High precision, portable and stable camera tracking system
- Built-in WiFi with free app for Android and iOS platforms
- Multi-language support
- Solar, lunar and sidereal tracking rates for astrophotography
- Payloads up to 3kg
- Easy Polar Alignments with polar scope
- Supports Star-Scape photography
- Supports standard short exposure time-lapse photography
- Supports long exposure time-lapse photography
- Supports Star-Scape time-lapse photography
- Provides DSLR shutter control for multiple brands
- Lifetime FREE firmware upgrades
- Built-in motor protection and status indicators
- Power Options: AAx2 Batteries or external USB supply
- Fits standard 3/8 and 1/4 inch tripod/quick release brackets
- Weight 650g
- Dimensions 76x70x103mm
Android 11 notice from Sky-Watcher:
We have confirmed that the current version of SynScan App, SynScan Pro App and SAM Console App on the Google Play are not compatible with Android 11. We have finished the development of new version of these apps which can work with Android 11, but due to technical issues, we cannot release the updates on Google Play. Unfortunately, this situation might last several months.
Currently, only Google’s Pixel smart phone can run Android 11, other brands might start to provide Android 11 devices in one or two months. If you are planning to use Android 11 devices to run Sky-Watcher apps, please do the following:
1. Uninstall the SynScan app, SynScan Pro app or SAM Console app which are downloaded from Google Play.
2. Visit our website to download and install the latest version of the apps.
For SynScan app and SynScan Pro app click HERE
Form SAM Console app click HERE
3. Grant the app with the permission to access the smart phone’s location. Users have to do it manually.
At The Widescreen Centre, we prioritize prompt order processing and dispatch. We strive to dispatch all orders on the same day or the next working day, depending on the time of your order. We hold extensive stocks to ensure that your items are ready for immediate despatch. Please note that the cut-off time for same-day dispatch is usually 1:30 p.m.
For delivery within Mainland UK, we use reputable couriers to provide efficient service. You can expect your package to arrive in 1-2 working days. Please note that a signature may be required upon delivery to ensure a secure receipt.
In the case of special order items, the delivery time may be longer. If you have any concerns or questions about the delivery of your item, please don't hesitate to Contact Us. We are here to assist you.
Should there be any delay in dispatching your order, we will notify you to keep you informed.
Please be aware that The Widescreen Centre cannot be held responsible for any postal or third-party delays that may occur. We are committed to providing a reliable and efficient delivery service for our valued customers.
For more information please click here